Opportunity for an emerging artist in the field of performance/spoken word/interactive theatre/live art to work alongside me and Peader Kirk during the creation of a new one person show for family audiences, and to then perform some of the shows during the run at an internationally recognised venue.
Together me and Peader create work that fuses contemporary storytelling, high-end poetry, digital technologies and interactive staging. Our work tours nationally and has had sell out runs at London’s Southbank Centre and the Albany, Deptford, as well as featuring at Bush Theatre as part of new writing festival Radar.
“Awesome” – 4.5 stars, Huffington Post.
We are looking for someone who has skills in:
- Physical performance
- Working for young audiences
- Creating a dialogue/rapport with an audience
Your background might be in rap or acting or making your own work. Though the piece will be made with me as performer we would be really excited to see it done by someone of a different gender or ethnicity or by a disabled performer. So please apply.
- Observation of our creative process
- Personalised artistic/career mentoring
- Rehearsals with lead artists
- Performance at key venue
- This opportunity offers a bursary of between £500 and £900. Higher rate depending on confirmation of additional funding.
You would need to be available for work in London from mid September to late October (roughly three days a week). You should also be available for interview Friday 26 August either in London or via Skype.
To apply please mail firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 17 August with:
- Saying how this opportunity will help you grow as an artist
- Attaching a Current CV